GENERAL JOB FUNCTION
Contra Costa Water District (CCWD) is an innovative leader in water management and provides employees with a fast-paced and stable work environment that encourages professional growth and development.
CCWD is seeking a skilled, motivated, and team oriented Instrumentation Engineer for our Operations & Maintenance Department. This position will be located at our Emergency Operations Center. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits such as medical, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, and deferred compensation plans, plus a great working environment!
We are looking for someone who is:
- Committed to continuous growth and improvement
- Solutions focused and a creative problem solver
- A highly motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal skills
What you will typically be responsible for:
- Monitoring product development and technical advancement
- Assist with planning and budgeting for system upgrades
- Developing procedure and practices for computer based systems to perform engineering and operating functions
- Understanding and addressing cybersecurity risks for critical operating systems
A few reasons you might enjoy this job:
- You will have the ability to support staff, contractors and consultants
- You will have the ability to support your community as part of an organization providing vital public service
- Coordinating and participating in various studies
The following will also benefit candidates with a few of the unique challenges related to this job:
- A detailed knowledge of programmable logic controller programs and licensed radio control system networks
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple control system support contracts and vendors
- Desire to work with various workgroups and stakeholders to ensure control system improvements meet all user needs
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
It is the District’s policy that all persons hired on or after October 4, 2021 must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before reporting to work and must provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources prior to reporting for work. However, if because of a medical condition or a sincerely held religious belief, you are not able to be vaccinated, you must notify Human Resources at least ten (10) business days before you are scheduled to report for work so that the District may engage in an interactive process with you to determine what, if any, accommodation is appropriate. If you have any questions regarding this policy, please contact Human Resources.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
For a full description of examples of duties, please refer to the job description by visiting the following link: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/ccwater/default.cfm?action=specbulletin&ClassSpecID=1037984&headerfooter=0
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
For a full listing of required knowledge, skills, and abilities, please refer to the job description by visiting the following link: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/ccwater/default.cfm?action=specbulletin&ClassSpecID=1037984&headerfooter=0
Possession of the minimum qualifications does not guarantee an invitation to the next step in the selection process. All candidate materials will be carefully evaluated and only those considered best qualified will be invited to the next step in the selection process.
All candidates will be notified of their status via email by no later than Friday, December 3, 2021.
The TENTATIVE Virtual Panel Interview and Exercise date is scheduled for Friday, December 10, 2021.
The TENTATIVE Department Oral Panel Interview date is scheduled for Wednesday, December 15, 2021.
Applicants requesting reasonable accommodation during any phase of the recruitment process are instructed to contact Human Resources at 925-688-8002.