Learning and Development Manager
Position: Learning & Development Manager
Division: Human Resources
Posted: April 16, 2021
Starting Salary: To Be Determined
Application Deadline: Posted Until Filled
The Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority is seeking a candidate for the position of Learning & Development Manager. Under limited supervision of the Director, Human Resources, develops and manages the organizational training and development program, and performance management process including performance evaluations, competencies assessments, individual development plans, and succession planning.
- Develop and manage the creation of an internal candidate talent pipeline that are position-ready by working with functional leaders and other HR team members to assess future talent needs and build channel.
- Identify, analyze, develop, and implement training and development needs based on gap analysis, individual, team and leadership needs or initiatives, and/or based on leadership recommendations.
- Develop, monitor and manage the performance management process, including competency assessments, individual development plans, and succession planning, ensuring effectiveness, compliance, and equity.
- Create and manage training and development programs, projects, and processes, including the annual training and development plan.
- Manage and administer all training and development programs through the Learning Management System.
- Develop, implement, and monitor training evaluations to ensure effectiveness and alignment to organizational goals and objectives.
- Partner with the HR team to conduct job evaluation process which includes job analyzing, create or edit job descriptions, and identify position grade level aligned to internal equity and Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Administer educational benefits programs by reviewing and approving the requests and coordinating request for budget approval.
- Collaborate with functional leaders to develop learning solutions that quickly and efficiently impact business results and drive retention and performance.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of existing technical, compliance, safety and other training programs.
- Partner with HR Team Members on effective sourcing and selecting of talent, internal promotion processes (union and non-union), improving onboarding program to accelerate employee engagement and learning, and assist in the selection of interview questions and techniques.
- Develop recommendations on learning and development programs aligned to business objectives, and partner with Human Resources to deliver.
- Implement content and delivery improvements that enhance learning and streamline processes.
- Serve as the primary technical expert for all system issues, administrative aspects, and essential processes of the LMS, including managing user groups, user permissions and notifications, and configuration.
- Partner with Director of Human Resources to ensure performance management program drives organizational goals.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned or required.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or a related field.
- Minimum of five years related experience in training, development, or human resources.
- Experience using Ceridian Dayforce learning module preferred.
- Prefer certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR or SHRM-CP).
- Ability to identify talent and opportunities for advancement or leadership potential.
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools, and phases of project lifecycle.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, presentation skills and facilitation skills.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office 365 application including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Excel.
- Demonstrated problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Must possess strong analytic and decision-making abilities.
- Must be well organized and be able to manage multiple tasks.
Applicant must have permanent residency in the City of Pittsburgh at time of appointment and remain a permanent resident throughout employment with the PWSA. Verification of City residence is required at time of filing application.
Applicant must present a current, valid Class C (Class 1) PA Motor Vehicle Operator’s License at the time of application or prior to appointment. A valid driver’s license must be maintained throughout employment.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
The employee will be required to complete routine office work in a standard office setting. They also must regularly lift or move up to 20 pounds when attending job fairs. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Application forms are available online at www.pgh2o.com/about-us/careers or in the Human Resources Department at 1200 Penn Avenue. Submit application, resume, and cover letter with salary requirements to HR@pgh2o.com, by fax at 412-393-0513, or by mail at the following address:
Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority
ATTN: Human Resources
1200 Penn Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
If you have any questions, please contact us at 412-255-8800.
You may be considered for other available positions based on qualifications provided on your employment application.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The PWSA does not discriminate against anyone based on race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, sex, sexual orientation, family status, age, or non-disqualifying disability, or on any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.